Oh, child, child! An excellent day to all of you Razzball fans! I hope everybody is prepared for one more installment of SAGNOF Wednesday together with your favourite Dad.
For right now’s lede, I wished to examine again in on one among our steals targets from early within the season, Ji-Hwan Bae. We’re nearly two months to the day that I profiled Bae for a SAGNOF pre-season evaluation and I believe it’s secure to say that he’s already out-produced these expectations from springtime.
I outlined the 60-grade velocity software in that April fifth submit, and alluded to the truth that it appeared just like the Pirates had been on board with shifting Bae round at completely different positions in these first few MLB video games. Effectively, low and behold, our Bae now has eligibility at OF and 2B in NFBC leagues. He’s even appeared in three video games at SS (for these hoping he hits a 5 sport minimal in leagues with a decrease threshold).
General, Bae has been a reasonably strong SAGNOF add for our squads. A check-in on his participant web page right here offers us the snapshot of his most necessary numbers – the 28 runs scored and 18 SB. The triple slash line of .275/.329/.362 isn’t overwhelmingly nice, nevertheless it received’t sink your squad both.
In Might, Bae didn’t homer, however we’re probably not banking on him for energy anyway. The excellent news is he did handle to submit a greater OBP, (.343 in comparison with April’s .286), and that profit needs to be self-explanatory. On base extra usually = extra SB alternatives.
Final week? Bae was one SB shy of the weekly leaders.
Ya. In all probability not.
Is he going to proceed to be a serviceable SAGNOF play with a number of eligibility and make a run at 50 SB on the 12 months?
I need to confess, I nonetheless consider…(Nonetheless consider).
The place does Bae rank in our particular person leaders general? Did he crack the highest spot on the leaderboard? Did Britney Spears shave her head once more and present up on TMZ’s web site for the millionth time?
Effectively, I’ve bought solutions to 2 of these three questions…
I often save this chart for the tip of the article, however I’ll draw consideration to the truth that we’ve a brand new member of the highest 10. To be trustworthy, it needs to be no shock which crew he’s from. I believe it was Gray that talked about it this week…the Tampa Bay Rays are out-stealing everybody on the basepaths, and it has not been significantly shut.
A fast examine in on a few of the groups from our chart…
- I didn’t wish to write the Reds up two weeks in a row, however after they busted in on our prime crew record final week, they upped the ante as soon as extra. The Reds went from 43 whole steals as much as 58!
- Who had been our prime particular person Reds on the basepaths over the previous 7 days? Each Jake Fraley and Jonathan India led the league with 4. Will Benson had 3. Even Spencer Steer stole a pair final week.
- With what needs to be the highest point out right here, on the time of edit, (Tuesday afternoon), the Reds introduced they had been calling up Elly De La Cruz! Oh child, child, certainly. Get these FAAB wallets prepared for the teen with prime tier energy and ready-to-go wheels!
- The kings of the stolen base fort are blowing away the competitors. Wander Franco leads the Rays with 21 SB and is effectively on his approach to fulfilling the promise that had him on the prime of the 2020 and 2021 MLB prospect lists..
- Taylor Partitions is certainly a batting common drain, (.222), however his 15 SB are a welcome shock.
- Randy Arozarena, Manuel Margot, and Luke Raley are the three ‘fortunate 7’s’ within the Rays’ SB tally up to now this 12 months.
- 9 Blue Jays have not less than 2 SB on the 12 months.
- Whit Merrifield nonetheless leads the cost with 15 SB, however a wholesome George Springer has joined him in double digits with 10.
- I’m on Crew Razzball in relation to not drafting a catcher early, however those who did are in all probability pleased with the ten HR and seven SB from Dalton Varsho.
Cool story, bro-dad. However who ought to I be streaming if I’m seeking to make the most of matchups and run out some SAGNOF stolen base threats? Ya, I’ve bought that for you right here, too.
- The worst catcher proportion was really from Reese McGuire. The Purple Sox catcher has thrown out simply 1 of twenty-two base stealers this 12 months however didn’t make the certified record. I assume it has one thing to do with him needing to work on gripping the balls…
- (I’ll see myself out.)
- Our prime spot is locked down, but once more, by Jacob Stallings. The dangerous information is the Marlin’s opponents improved the SB% from final week’s 91.8% The excellent news is Stallings additionally improved his CS%. It’s up from .043 final week. Hey, progress is progress.
- Sadly, Miami doesn’t have a lot upside with their different backstop, both. Nick Fortes is 3/35 for a cool .086 CS%.
We’ll end with the profile of the week. I usually would reference the Hittertron SB$ worth right here, however our man simply bought the call-up yesterday and wasn’t listed in Rudy’s rankings.
Additionally, only a reminder that you could have full entry to all of this, together with Streamonator and Relievonator (and extra) with our 2023 Razzball Fantasy Baseball Subscriptions.
Elly De La Cruz – SS – CIN (prime ranked prospect in MiLB)
“Your baggage are right here. You gotta go to Cincinnati.” pic.twitter.com/xLY872QY98
This one was a toss-up between Jake Fraley and Jonathan India. Since each led the Reds with 4 SB final week, the choice was principally a coin flip. I made a decision to go along with whichever one had generated probably the most noise over the past week and which one Reds followers thought needs to be both eliminated or optioned to make room for the minor league prospects that had been greater than prepared for prime time.
Effectively…a humorous factor occurred on the way in which to the editor’s workplace yesterday. Simply as I used to be about to knock on MattTruss’s door with my remaining corrections, the Reds introduced that they had been calling up Elly De La Cruz.
Sound the Razzball alarm and scream it from the rooftops! One of the extremely touted, 5-tool prospects was coming, and the joy was evident. I believe Rudy may need that ear-to-ear Joker smile nonetheless burned into his face this morning.
So, like the great soldier of Roto-info, I deleted my total Jonathan India profile right here simply to give attention to the wunderkind. Yesterday, Cruz was slotted in at SS and, regardless of taking balls at 3B in apply, India was again at 2B on Tuesday.
However now for the great things.
— MLB (@MLB) June 6, 2023
I ought to in all probability defer to The Itch in such situations. For those who need a way more well-versed, (and, let’s face it, a lot better written), breakdown of Cruz, you’ll be able to peek in on Itch’s most up-to-date Prospect Information profile piece right here.
From a scouting grade perspective, this one jumps off the chart. The 60 general future worth is effectively above common, however the peak years of sport energy, uncooked energy, and velocity rank as 70-grade. Actually, proper now, Cruz has 70-grade velocity, which makes him very related right here it doesn’t matter what the opposite instruments register in at.
The present MiLB numbers are fairly filthy, too. In 158 AB this 12 months, Cruz has 12 HR, 11 SB, a .297 AVG, .398 OBP, and a reasonably ridiculous 1.031 OPS.
For what it’s Werth, the Reds are sending a reasonably clear message that he’s not getting known as as much as spherical out a batting lineup as that they had him slated to hit cleanup yesterday.
Evidently, it’s time to blow your FAAB pockets open if this man isn’t already rostered in any of your leagues this 12 months. No should be Poisonous…you’ll be able to simply settle for the excellence that’s Elly. He’s going to be one.
That’s all, Razzfolks! You probably have any concepts of gamers that you really want a deeper take a look at, drop them within the feedback. As all the time, when you’ve got any questions or ideas, you’ll be able to all the time catch me right here or @MarmosDad on Twitter. Good luck together with your SAGNOF performs this week!